Friday 15 July 2011

Grateful for .... electricity.

image source



As I snuggled down next to hubby in bed this week, we oooohed and aaaahed at our pre-warmed bed. My lamp beside the bed was on so I could catch up on the daily catalogues. The television in our room was on and hubby was channel surfing. And that's about all I will tell you about our activities in the bedroom that night.
The point of the blog is... electricity.

I was saying to hubby that in the midst of Winter, with snow falling around our valley and a ghastly breeze outside strong enough to blow the milk out of your tea, how we took it for granted that everything is at the flick of a switch.

There is a book I'm wanting to read about a great change to the world that results in people going back to basic practices. The name of the book escapes me at this moment, but I hope it comes to me soon or I won't be able to read it! I think about this often. What if .... suddenly there was no power? What if .... we lost all current forms of communication? This is almost beyond my depth of thought to think I might be without Blogger and Facebook.

Tell me what you are grateful for by joining in at Maxabella loves

3 comments:

  1. We often have blackouts at our place so this is a topic I often contemplate. The thing that amazes me every time is how QUIET life is without electricity. It's amazing what a lot of noise our appliances actually make that we don't even notice... ANYWAY, aside from the peace, I am always very glad when power is restored! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was researching a trip to Europe last night and wondering just how my Mum managed to do the same thing 20 years ago when we went on a family holiday without the internet. It would have been such a pain and sooooo time consuming! We are indeed lucky to have so many things in life made so easy for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, please don't even think it. I wouldn't survive in Tassie!!! And I can't rub sticks together to make fire either! ;)

    ReplyDelete