Wednesday 6 July 2011

Write on Wednesday-A masterclass in Fibrotown

Linking up with InkPaperPen for the weekly Wednesday challenge - http://inkpaperpen.blogspot.com/.
We have been given a line and are to continue on from this in romance novel style.

*"I can't stress how important it is that we behead this fiend."*  She slammed the book shut. How could she focus? Her mind kept wandering - thinking of him ... and her. A beheading certainly sounded tempting about now. How could he not know of her true feelings for him. They had been friends since Kindergarten, they had been through so much together, and she always knew what he was thinking. How could he not know that him being with anyone but herself was tearing her apart. She tried not to think about them, but as she looked at the clock, she knew that the movie had started by now. Were they sharing popcorn? She hoped silently that the attractive blonde sitting in the seat that should be hers might choke.

Hmmm ... I used to read a lot of teen romances and then, later, historical romances. But that was before parenting books!

3 comments:

  1. I struggled with this week's exercise - I haven't read romance before and found it hard to get started. But I can feel the romance vibe here. I think the wish that the attractive blonde will choke says a great deal! Many of us will relate to this, I am sure...

    Thanks for playing along again, Melissa. Hope you enjoyed the exercise. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this feeling too well, of having feelings for a guy and knowing he's with someone else. You've set up the tension really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I wrote the movie scene for this week over at my blog! ;)

    I love thevromance theme. Like you, I read a lot of romance novels when I was younger.

    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete