Wednesday 20 July 2011

Write On Wednesdays Exercise 6 - Status Anxiety


The Write On Wednesdays Rules: Feel free to get creative with the writing exercises - there isn't a right or wrong. Please do try to visit the other members of Write On Wednesdays and leave a comment. You can grab the button for Write On Wednesdays from my sidebar.





Write On Wednesdays Exercise 6 - Status Anxiety: Log onto your Facebook/Twitter page and write down the first status update you see. Set a timer for 5 minutes. Write the first words that come into your head after your prompt. Stop when the buzzer rings. Do this exercise over and over if you wish. If you don't do the social media thing (there's bound to be some who haven't succumbed!) email me and I'll send you a status update from one of my social media accounts. If you feel uncomfortable about using one of your friend's status updates, consider using the most recent update on Lamebook, the home of the funniest and lamest Facebook status updates.

Tell me, what has changed for the better?

I chewed the inside of my lip as I gave this some thought. Hell, I don't know. Until recently, I didn't know something needed to change. What did he want from me? My life is a mess, and he thinks I have the answers. I don't think so.
It's enough for me to drag myself out from under the covers and face each day. Isn't this where the downward spiral began? People wanting more and more from me. Me, feeling the pressure to deliver.
What was I paying this guy for? Surely, he could supply some hints to the answer.
He is sitting there, leaning back on his plush leather chair, funded by other people also wanting answers. He looks at me expectantly. I am not able to say anything has changed for the better. That's why I booked myself in here. It has to get better, I need to find better ....


Hop over to inkpaperpen to join in.

2 comments:

  1. As short as this was, I really enjoyed it Melissa. It leaves me wanting to know what happened in the person's life. I also love that you were able to take the status and use it as a question posed to a character, rather than just an idea to get you started.
    It sounds like something that you could really expand upon given more time!
    <3 Kiersten
    http://kierstenevan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good job, Melissa. You made good use of your prompt. I think perhaps you were just getting started when you ran out of time? Feel free to continue on with it if you like? I felt the desperation, wanting help. Not more questions!

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete