Friday 16 September 2011

Grateful for ... being a Winner

Have you ever taken a chance? Are you the gambling type? Well, I'm not. Not usually. Mostly because I suck at it. If you are a fan of the TV show Winners and Losers, you will be familiar with the four girls who went to school together, who always referred to themselves as Losers (along with their fellow schoolmates). That is until they win the Lotto the night of their school reunion. I relate to these girls.


 I usually buy a ticket to help fundraising, or play the pokies because we are child free and can do so, or bet on the Melbourne Cup to make up the numbers. I don't actually expect to get a prize. So when our friends invited us to join their AFL tipping group, I said "why not". I have done AFL tipping before, even though I am not a huge fan of AFL. Unless I am in the tipping, I have no idea which are the top teams or who will beat who. I go for Hawthorn, if anybody asks, 'cause someone always asks, so I followed in my brothers footsteps.

The odds for this tipping group ended up being really good, as only 6 people joined our group. I must say, that even though I don't expect to win, if there is a bit of skill required and not just chance, I will give it my best shot. So I studied the ladder and made a couple of risky choices that paid off, and WON. Woo Hoo!

Hubby did his best to bump me out of 1st place. Cheeky bugger! As a result, he ended up in third.
And it was such a small cosy group, with a little competitiveness between us and some ribbing ... and one happy Winner!

This week's  is being hosted by Brenda @ Mira Narnie




10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I hardly win anything either and so when I do it's such a novel feeling. congratulations, winner ! :-) visiting from the link up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I did really well in my footy tipping comp until about halfway through the year - then lost it!

    Visiting via Grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats.

    I haven't done footy tipping in the last few years. Hubby hated it when I was in the comp as I always used to beat him, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! My nan is involved in a little footy tipping group and she goes into great detail each week about who she's tipped. She really has no idea about the game, but it keeps her interest in it, at least!! LOL!
    I tried to get involved with an online tipping comp with thousands upon thousands of people. As if I ever stood a chance!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for you, I gave up on that some years ago, I was always hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Nothing much like easy money! Here from FYoB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for you! Such fun winning things. May your good luck and good fortune continue...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you! Im useless at footy tipping.. always loose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always think I'm going to win everything, even when I haven't even entered. I'm a bit weird like that!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to win something, feels a bit special... like life, gotta be in it to win it.

    ReplyDelete