Friday 28 October 2011

Happiness is .... A Stay-At-Home-Dad





Photobucket




Sunrise on Channel 7 did a great story this week about the increase in Dad's staying at home. The story actually focused on which parent is better as the stay at home parent. Personally, I think it would depend on the couple. I don't think you could say that all women are better at it, or all men, it's a task suited best to the individual who has the most patience, can relate to the children, can manage the household chores, and remain sane by the end of the day.

I am proud and happy that my hubby put his hand up about 18 months ago to stay home full-time with our youngest, and part-time while our oldest attended school. He is the go to person around the house while I work 30 hours a week. This suits me fine. I am one of those people who go slightly insane at home full-time.

I have noted a lot of advantages to this arrangement. My husband now has first hand experience at answering the questions he used to have. Such as, have you cleaned the house today, or why is our son running around naked? Hubby also has a different way with the kids than me. He is slightly firmer, but his patience can often outlast mine. Hubby also likes to do different activities and the children appreciate that they get a bit of both of us. Hubby has also become a dab hand at keeping the house tidy and has his own routines. Whichever parent is home on the day usually cooks dinner, which is great to come home to.

At the end of the day, I would say that this is working well for us at the moment.

As usual Iam linking up with Rub Some Dirt on It and with Where's My Glow? .



FYBF


3 comments:

  1. Stay-at-home Daddy's are a beautiful thing! That's wonderful that you guys are able to have a parent at home with the kids. Found you at Rub Some Dirt On It blog hop. So exciting to meet people from around the world! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the SAHP in our house and I wish I could swap sometimes - but only once a week! I'd miss my babies too much I think . . . most of the time! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like an awesome guy and dad :) Every time I go away for an afternoon or evening, I come home to a man who has more appreciation for me being a SAHM. It's definitely easier when both parents are actively involved--sounds like your hubby is a real catch!!

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete