Saturday 19 November 2011

Happiness is ... "we're home"

These are soothing, comforting words at the best of times. Wherever we go, and however much fun we have had, I am always happy to be home.

Today, we went to the next town to do our groceries. On return, as we passed our town sign, the children cheered in the backseat. "Yay, we're home", they said together. It brought an instant smile to my face and a warm, fuzzy feeling.

My husband and I have lived in this town all our lives, and don't see that changing any time soon. It brings me great joy to hear the fondness in my children's voices, as they too, consider this town their sanctuary.



1 comment:

  1. As someone who lives far away from where I'd like to settle, I certainly see the happiness in this post. When we go to my hometown where I grew up, even though none of my family still lives there, I still call it home. It never changes :)

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete