Friday 2 March 2012

Australian's are blessed - let's keep it that way!



I make no secret of the fact that I love where we live. I think we are truly blessed.
Not that I don't admire the lifestyles and views that other people enjoy, but overall, I think we are where we need to be.
Great towns don't just happen though. They take a lot of nurturing, the right people and planning for the future. The more people that take some interest and pride in where they live, the better it can be.

My daughter and I have participated in Clean Up Australia for the past few years. I love the idea that we are doing our bit to make this a better place to live. I really don't care who dropped the rubbish or why, the fact remains that someone has to pick it up. We can't always thinks that the next person will do it. I also love the idea that it is teaching my daughter to responsible for the world around her.

Clean Up Australia is getting bigger and better every year, but we always need more volunteers and awareness. I think it is great that the children are getting involved through the schools, and businesses now too. And really, what is a couple of hours every year?

So my question for you, on the weekend of Clean Up Australia Day is, have you put your name down? Do you know where to meet in your area? Are you/do you know a tosser?
Get involved and take action!

2 comments:

  1. Good you you. What good values you're teaching your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we did a little clean up last weekend. I try to teach my kids to clean up every weekend!! x

    ReplyDelete