Saturday 31 March 2012

Treats of Tasmania: Cadbury (beware all chocoholics)

When you ask someone what is their favourite food, you may get answers like pizza or atlantic salmon, or even broccoli. My answer has been the same for as long as I can remember.

Chocolate.

I enjoy it immensely. I am one of those people that will give you a strange look if you say that a dessert is too chocolatey.

So it would be fair to say that Easter is my favourite time of year. Any time that promotes eating chocolate is high on my list actually.

So, where does a chocoholic go in Tasmania to shop at Easter?

I could go to any of the stores selling chocolate in pretty wrappers this time of year. I could even go to a specialty shop, where you walk in and the smell of chocolate makes you swoon. Instead, I opt to go straight to the source of what I believe to be the best maker of Chocolate in Australia.

CADBURY!

 Now, just in typing this, I can feel the rush of excitement.

Imagine how I felt as I drove up to the Cadbury factory in Claremont.

Imagine the thrill I experienced as I walked toward the doors that led me inside.

Imagine the adrenaline as I approached the Cadbury Shop and could already see the mountains of stock at reduced prices, and the happy shoppers buzzing around the bargains.

Once inside, I wondered if this was a good thing or a bad thing for this chocoholic? I decided that I shouldn't be in this shop for any longer than necessary, without therapy needed afterward. So I did two, maybe three laps around the chocolatey bargains, and then carried my over-flowing basket to the check-out.

I could have seriously spent hundreds of dollars. Such is the burden of my addiction.

I did get a bag full of bargains though, which completed my Easter shopping in one swoop.

Mission accomplished. One very happy, and slightly shaking chocoholic.


Tots and Me

9 comments:

  1. yum yum yum, love this post and now I have a chocolate craving. My son is still awake, tempted to go and get some!! I love Whittaker's creamy milk chocolate, it's so good, especially for hot chocolates! I'm your newest follower from Reflexions blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate fixes a lot of things. I like Whittaker's too, but keep coming back to Cadbury.

      Delete
  2. Love the blog! I am now your newest follower from the weekend blog hop. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. showing some comment love via the weekend blog hop:)

    http://bonnbonnboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here from the hop...you HAD me at CHOCOLATE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE this place! We went there a few years ago and I can still smell it. Dreamy! And in the most beautiful state of the world, don't you agree? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is certainly one you don't forget. I love it Tassie, it has everything I need. I'm so glad you like it too.

      Delete