Friday 27 April 2012

Back to basics - The Unplugged Version

Technology certainly has become a way of life, and I love my gadgets of convenience. I remember, back in the ol' days, when I might have fired up the home computer once a week. Now, I couldn't live without it.

Well ... except for this Saturday 28th April, 2012.
I am joining in the 24 hour switch off Challenge. Everything I do on Saturday must be done the old fashioned way, and I must admit, I'm quite looking forward to it.
On Saturday 28th April, we want you to disconnect for 24 hours.
No online blogs or posts.
No Facebook.
No tweets.
No phone calls or texting.
Nothing.
Nada.

So you won't see a post on my blog, not even a pre-scheduled one for Saturday. Don't bother ringing me 'cause I won't answer. And don't send me an urgent message on Facebook, as it will be a waste of time. When I commit, I take it seriously.

Normally, if someone else said you have to go without technology for 24 hours, I would get a little shaky just at the thought, but if you know me or have read my blog for a while, you will know I love a challenge.

So what do I plan to do whilst I am technology and gadget free? I am sure there will be plenty of catching up to do with the family, and even a book or two to read. I might even give the Saturday newspaper a good going over. If I get stuck I can always do housework. Actually, I have not made any solid plans at this stage, as I am looking forward to just winging it and doing whatever I fancy (within my limitations, of course).

I wont be in this alone. In fact, there’s already some great Aussie bloggers that have signed up to take the 24 hour vow of disconnect! You could check them out too, and go into the draw to win yourself a holiday in the dream switch off destination, Kangaroo Island:
Nikki at Styling You
Mrs Woog at Woogsworld
Sarah at A Beach Cottage
Caz and Craig at YTravelBlog

Catch you all on the flip side, possibly on Sunday, unless I convert to being Tech-free (somehow, I doubt it).

No comments:

Post a Comment