Tuesday 3 April 2012

Barbie - I don't know you anymore


The Barbie I knew, many years ago, was different. Admittedly, she and I have both got older. We have gone our separate ways and live different lives. The years have not been as nice to my skin, hair and figure as they obviously have for Barbie. It's amazing what money can buy ....It's not just the looks though, that concern me.


The  Barbie I knew had her own camper, and boy, did she have some adventures. Barbie and Ken would travel to all sorts of exotic locations in the camper, and have a ball. She seemed happy back then - I remember her smile never left her face. She didn't seem to want anything more.

As I watch my daughter play with Barbie or watch one of her many DVDs, I wonder....

    What has changed in her life since I knew her?
             Has Barbie ever thought to get a different hair style?
                        When did she become such an accessories girl?
                                  Where did Ken go?
                                          Did she ditch Ken when she became a successful actress?
                             Is it a healthy to portray herself to her fans as a girl who hangs off so many guys?
                   When is she going to run out of movies?
          Does she have an endless supply of pink pens for her signature?
    With her fashion, movies, games, and singing career, is it inevitable she is heading for a burnout?
                           Why does she walk on the balls of her feet? I would have thought that she 
                                        would have got help for that by now.
                                            Is it really necessary to have a disco ball in your latest camper?
                                        Are her sisters happy always playing second fiddle to Barbie?
                           Does she remember me?
  
Barbie seems so busy these days that she hasn't got time to answer my questions

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I remember Barbie and Ken well...camper, etc. Thank you for sharing and for the lovely trip down memory lane. Greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete