Saturday 26 May 2012

No reason to stay up

My daughter was asking about herself as a baby recently, and it brought back memories...

With my first born, she would wake religiously at 3am for a feed. I would hope that she might go at least half an hour either side. Why would it make a difference, you are thinking. Let's just say that the best thing on television at that time of morning was not my favourite viewing.

I would audibly groan as my daughter's whimpers and snuffles would wake me. It was not the thought of getting up to feed her, it was the sight of clock always showing that horrid time.

I'm sure it could have been worse. At least it was an Australian classic. The Sullivans never really excited me though, and did not do so at 3am in the morning either.
The Sullivans

How I would loved having Austar, so I could flick through the many channels, and probably would have ended up watching a documentary on child-birth, or getting tips in advance on parenting. Surely Man vs Wild would have kept me awake or even a good story on the mating habits of animals, as I tended to get very drowsy sitting there on the lounge, listening to my baby gulp her milk.

Try as I might though, it was 2004, and the choice was much more limited than today. The Sullivans was the best thing my television had to offer.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, as I never got so wrapped up in the episode that I had trouble turning the TV off when feeding had finished, and the appropriate burps had been produced.

What did you do to pass the time whilst breast-feeding?

No comments:

Post a Comment