Saturday 19 May 2012

Veg and Mince Patties with zing

I don't claim to be a great cook - maybe because I am not. I don't think I have bothered to include much of my cooking here on my blog either. Cooking is something of a chore for me usually, not something I get a lot of joy out of. Occasionally I might pull off a meal that is "pretty good", often it is "OK".

I do like to try new things though, as long as it's not too technical or time consuming. So when I was given the opportunity to receive some great Garden Gourmet goodies to add to our family meals, I felt a little excited about cooking all of a sudden.

Whats not to like? These herbs and spices are so convenient. They are kept in the fridge and ready to use, someone else has done the growing, chopping, and cleaning up for you.

My hubby is the talented cook of the family, and I have seen him eyeing off the Gourmet Garden goodies.I have promised he can have them after I have finished testing them for my blog. The man is always keen on adding some garlic or herbs.


So I thought I would go with a family favourite and add a bit of zing to it.

Veg and Mince Patties


500g Quality Beef Mince
1 sml Carrot grated
1 sml Zucchini grated
1 red onion diced
2 eggs
1 squirt of Gourmet Garden Hot Chilli
1 tablespoon of Gourmet garden Chunky Garlic
1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Basil

The quantities of chilli, garlic and basil really are up to your own taste.


Put mince in a good size bowl (you want a bit of room once all the ingredients are in for mixing).
Place the grated zucchini and carrot, and the diced onion in with the mince. Add the 2 eggs and the required quantities of Gourmet Garden Hot Chilli, Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic and Gourmet Garden Basil. Mix well.
Place your Pattie mixture near your pan, as well as a bowl of flour. Add some olive oil to the pan and switch it on to a low to moderate heat. If the pan is too hot, the Pattie will burn on the outside before cooking inside. I prefer them to have a golden look. Start rolling the Pattie mixture into a ball between your hands, then roll lightly in the flour and add to the pan. The size of your patties is personal. I find a ball I can hold loosely in one hand works well for my family.
 And the verdict? They were delish!
The family had no trouble gobbling them up. I grinned watching the kids enjoying their patties, knowing that they are eating wholesome vegetables without whinging. The added chilli and herbs were great, and just enough for a burst of flavour. The smell was awesome!

My Gourmet Garden goodies were popped back in the fridge for our next flavour burst. No mess, no fuss. Definitely my sort of cooking product.



www.gourmetgarden.com.au
*disclosure. This post is my own opinion of the product which I received for free. The contents of this post will be considered for a competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment