Wednesday 19 September 2012

Anxiety: The Dark Cloud

Did you come here wanting to read something bright and bubbly today? Are you looking for inspiration or assurance that the world is a wonderful place? Were you hoping to see a lovely , bright picture? Did you wish that I posted an insightful quote?

Are you a new reader ... or do you know I have Anxiety Disorder? As much as I try to retrain my brain waves, push the negativity away, and bring the sunshine in .... there are days when it's just not going to happen.



I sit down to write, but it's not coming. The energy is all wrong. The thoughts will not form into something pleasant and readable.

How do I sort my frustrations out? Do I just stand here and scream? Will that make me feel better and then I can get on with it? I'm sure I've tried that a couple of times, and while it might release some tension right at that point when I reach the highest pitch, it is not the relief I am after. The long lasting escape.

I apologise for the cloud over me today. It comes and goes, and it is who I am.

I am going to deal with the "Cloud", while I am adding some great things to my daughter's ipod.
I will return with something bright and bubbly.


Included in

9 comments:

  1. It takes courage to go public with something most people do not take the time to understand. Thanks for posting today. You helped someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee I hope so Marc - that would certainly make my day better.

      Delete
  2. As a fellow sufferer I know exactly what you are going through. But you know, and I know, that the cloud will pass and you will be able to bring a spot of sunshine to your readers again. Just know that until this happens my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dark cloud is not who you are, it is something that passes over and impacts on who you are. May a big bloody wind blow it away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bree, I am starting to feel the breeze.

      Delete
  4. Hugs, I hope you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel lucky to pass by your post as Im in the same boat as you are in. I can feel the dark clouds are enveloping my confidence but then your words seem so encouraging..I hope all works well for you!!

    http://www.resveratrol4life.com.au/

    ReplyDelete