Monday 3 September 2012

Laughter is the best medicine



The Universe must have been working in our favour, because we scored free tickets to an event this weekend.  This event was certainly something that we were looking forward to because it would provide something that we really needed right now. It even appeared on my 2012 To Do list as No. 34 - Laugh more.

There are many reasons and forces working against us at the moment causing both hubby and I to be a little uptight and anxious. I speak mostly for myself when I say that there have been many days lately where I have just been going through the motions, aiming to make it to the end of the day.

So when I scored free tickets to attend the Hobart Comedy Festival Finale on Saturday night, the mood instantly lifted in anticipation.

I LOVE a good laugh. If you know me at all, you may have witnessed my laugh that is often described as loud and hearty. I make no apologies for my laugh. It is all me and not at all fake, and when it is heard with gusto you know that I am highly amused and having a good time. A good belly laugh should be experiences often, in my opinion.

This was the 10th Anniversary of the Comedy Festival, and the Finale has proudly been sponsored for all of those 10 years by one of my favourite Australian companies; Blundstone.  Providing Australians with tough and durable footwear and some laughs - clever buggers.

The line up was great with Dave Hughes, Fiona O’Loughlin and Charlie Pickering doing what they do best. There was also some impressive local-grown talent, to show that Tasmanians are a funny bunch.




Nothings was off limits and the laughs came hard and fast. Most certainly the best couple of hours I have had in a while.

What gives you a good laugh?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa Jane. What gives me a good laugh? The three stooges always get me laughing with their slap stick humor. My granddaughters always make me laugh with what comes out of their mouths. You never know what they are going to say, and you get a glimpse of how young children see the world around them.

    ReplyDelete