Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Sugar-free me? Will I Survive?

Last year I set myself a few challenges, one of which was to go without chocolate for a whole month. This was a big ask for this chocoholic, but I'm pleased to say I made it.  I did this challenge just before Christmas last year and felt slightly cleansed before I entered the Festive Season.

This year I was planning on doing the same thing - no chocolate for a month.

 I decided that I could do better though. So I have waved the red flag at my inner bull and set my new challenge.

I have decided to do a 30 day Sugar-free challenge.
There was a bit of hype in the blogging world last year of people choosing to cut sugar from their diets, and it has been in the back of my mind since.

So I have started by eliminating the usual sugars and sweeteners, and have decided to follow Dr Scott Olson's plan which also eliminates foods that act like sugar, which, in it's simplest explanation, is grains, carbs, and any fruit and veg which is not within the low GI or no GI category. You can check out the website Dr Olson has set up here, or on the Facebook page .

4 days in and I am feeling pretty good.


Have you ever tried sugar-free? How did you/do you think you would go?