Adventures of a Subversive Reader nominated me for a Liebster Award!
- What was one of your favourite books as a child? Naughty Amelia Jane, Enid Blyton.
- Do you own a e-reading device? Do you like it? I just got a Kindle Fire HD, so it's a reader/tablet. Liking it so far.
- Do you belong to your local library? Do you visit it? Yes - I visited a lot when the kids were little. I don't visit as often now I am back at work.
- What is one of your favourite books now? Lucky Man, Michael J Fox. It is such a touching and honest insight into his life as an actor, as well as his diagnosis of Parkinson's disease and how it has changed things for him.
- How many books do you think you own? Way too many to bother counting
- How do you shelve your books? Subject, author, title, colour? By subject
- Have you ever seen a movie that’s better than the book? The Tree, written by Judy Pascoe. Made into a film in 2010. I found the book a little hard to relate to the characters. The film brought the characters to life, and interpreted the story well.
- Have you ever learned a different language? In High School I studied German from Grade 7-10. In College, I chose to study Japanese.
- If a publisher said they’d publish any book you wrote, what kind of book would you write? It would have to be about my life and family. It is the only topic I would be confident to write with full knowledge of the subject.
- What author would you like to meet? Stephen King - I used to read a lot of his books. He has a very vivid imagination.
- Have you got a book recommendation? Unbearable Lightness, Portia de Rossi. I love biographies about real issues and how people dealt with them (if you couldn't already tell). This book was an eye opener into the disease of Anorexia and Bulimia, as well as the Hollywood scene.
- Did you plant anything this year? If so, then what?
- Do you participate in any volunteer programs for your community?
- What is one challenge you have set yourself this year?
- What is a realistic task you would have liked to have done this year, but won't get around to doing?
- Do you celebrate the holidays with enthusiasm (ie Easter, Christmas, Halloween) or do you cringe and hide?
- Do you do any online puzzles or games?
- What has diet been like this year? Any changes or new likes?
- What have you started and not finished?
- Do you tackle jobs around the house or pay someone else, and why?
- What is something you enjoyed in childhood that you would like to do as an adult?
- Do you prefer to read, write or watch?
Mumma Needs Coffee
Simple Loving Thoughts
Coal Valley View
Oh, the places we will go