Monday 31 December 2012

When There Is Wind .... Fly High

There are certain situations in life where you just have to look at it for what it is, and make the most of it. Like lemons! Personally, I like lemons and their flavour. There are many people who don't like them. As the saying goes "If life gives you lemons, make Lemonade".

Wind is one of those things that I find hard to appreciate.
I appreciate the wind's ability to dry my clothes. I also appreciate the role wind plays in creating Energy. Beyond this, I find wind to be an inconvenience and it makes me irritable.

We scored some breezy conditions after Christmas. I had already planned for this though.
Like people given lemons, we embraced the situation and gathered the new kites from Christmas to watch them fly for the first time.
The conditions were perfect for flying kites.
We had so much fun.

I now have a new appreciation for wind. I have also crossed another thing off my 2012 To Do List.

When was the last time you flew a kite?







2 comments:

  1. What fun! The last time I flew a kite was 13 years ago. I guess I'm overdue for kite flying again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was heaps of fun Marc. I think you should do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete