Sunday 6 July 2014

I Need Not Be Green With Envy

Having lived in the same town all of my life, there has always been the idea that living somewhere else would be exciting.  Imagine living in a town where nobody knew my name or anything about me. I could make new discoveries everyday and everything would be new and exciting.

Don't worry, because I am not going anywhere.

These thoughts have been woken by two lovely ladies leaving my workplace and the state, one to return to her family and familiar surroundings, and the other to pursue a new adventure in a different part of the country.
I am envious of both as they pack up one part of their lives, to start a new chapter.

When I was young and single, I would have been excited at the thought of uprooting and starting anew in an unfamiliar place. Now, I value the familiarity of my hometown, and the parent in me has much to share and pass on to my children about our town. I also have an awesome support network, and love that I am surrounded by friends and family.

In my maturity I can see how something that is new and exciting can wear off quickly. Our town has proven to be a safe haven with much beauty and charm.  Whilst I envy others as they seek new adventures, I am content in knowing that we can travel for adventures, but always return home.

What do you think of the town where you live? Is it new and exciting or old and familiar?


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment