Friday 12 August 2011

The perks of starting work later

I had forgotten the mentality of people who drive in peak hour time slots.

Yes - even Tasmania has peak hour traffic! Hard to believe?

It has been a while since I have had to endure this time slot, but his morning I started work early to finish early. Certainly a perk of my job!

I wasn't ready for the onslaught of the drivers around me.
Has it occurred to these people that if they left home 10 minutes earlier that they wouldn't need to dart in and out of the traffic and speed past others doing 100k/h in a 100k zone? I know it doesn't make that much difference in your travelling time anyway. Yes - I have tested it!

Actually I have to admit that when I used to work in the city (many moons ago) I was prone to "driving in the fast lane". Shocking, I know! I think some people get caught up in the vibe of the morning traffic and before they know it, they are joining the other frantic drivers zipping in and out of the traffic.

So today, I am grateful that I usually get to drop my daughter at school and then casually make my way to work, through hospitable traffic.

How do you handle peak hour traffic?

No comments:

Post a Comment