Monday 26 March 2012

Stay-At-Home-Dad .... where are you?

The house is a shambles.
    I need a roster to tell me what to do.
       I keep looking for back-up, when there is none.
          I am over Master 4 letting the dog out to roam the neighbourhood.
              Tomorrow is technically only day 3 of my week in the twilight zone.

My hubby (aka Stay-at-home-dad) is missing from the house this week. BOO HOO! Come back Daddy!

No it's not that bad. I have been taking note, though, of how different it is at home without him here. And bloody hell, have I noticed how much he does around the house! I knew, of course, but I am really noticing.
I sound like such a typical working parent.

He has been leaving early and getting home about the same time as I usually do. So the first thing I noticed was the empty space in the bed next to me. Nothing to cuddle after I hit the snooze button!
I then had to run around like a mad woman getting the kids here and there, and make sure I wasn't going to work in my pj's with muesli around my face.
I have to keep reminding myself of what happens at what time, lest I forget something important ... like school drop-off.

Tomorrow is officially my day off. I will be home for a full day. Alone!

Well ... actually Master 4 has a bike-a-thon tomorrow at school, so I'm thinking that will take up some of my day. The rest will be gone with the blink of an eye.

I miss Stay-at-home Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment