Sunday 29 July 2012

My Weekly Whinge on Boredom


In our current world of technical gadgets and entertainment at our fingertips I find it really frustrating to hear that someone is bored.

In my childhood, imagination was my greatest tool. If I couldn't incorporate it into making my current game more exciting then I could spend countless hours daydreaming.

These days, the kids are tweeting they are bored while they are meant to be concentrating in class.
I can remember kids getting in trouble for yawning in class - imagine if we had tweeted it.

So all I can say to today's generation is....I'm sorry for your pain. I'm sure that life will be more interesting for you as you succumb to financial worries, unemployment and homelessness from lack of sufficient school grades.

Does anyone else find this frustrating?


2 comments:

  1. I grew up a poor white boy in America the 4th child out of 7 children. (4 sisters and 2 brothers) To say you were bored...Mom took that to mean you didn't have enough chores to do and she quickly found something for you to do. That ended the boredom pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would do it Marc. These days i have more of the opposite problem - I have a list as long as my arm of things that need doing or that I would like to do, and just not enough time or opportunity.

      Delete