Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ready, Set, It's my day off!

Today is my official one day off. When I say that, it means that I don't go to my place of employment. It sure as hell doesn't mean a day of leisurely pamper appointments and day time TV.

Today, for example:
Up for the morning madness. Organising lunches, breakfast, encouraging children through morning routines, checking school bags, ready and out the door. School drop-off.

Ventured 30kms with Miss 7 to buy her third guinea pig in a month.

Applied Nit solution to Miss 7's hair, waited, rinsed, painstakingly dragged a double-row nit comb through her long, thick hair. This took a good few hours!

Searched through freezer for inspiration for tonights dinner.

Searched online for a better Car Insurance Premium. Then called my current Insurer, who changed my address, and got me a better premium while still holding onto my Rating 1. Who knew that a change of address could save over $100?

Grabbed a bite to eat.

I called Family Assistance next, to check the current SchoolKids bonus. As it turns out, even though Master 4 is attending an education institute 3 days a week, where he is required to wear a uniform, and go on excursions, etc, we are not entitled to the bonus for him, as Kindergarten is not part of Primary School. I think there will be a few parents jumping up and down about the governments interpretation of "a child at school ".

Some basic housework

Before you know it, Master 4 is ready to be collected from Kindergarten.

A visit with Nan and Pop to wish Pop a Happy Birthday and have a well earned coffee. Is this the first one today?

Configure and register Nan's new iPad - so jealous!

Home again to whip up a dinner to keep everyone happy.

7pm - Netball

Thank God I only have Tuesdays off!



2 comments:

  1. Hi, coming over from Claire's bloghop! That's typical of moms, I guess! We end up doing more work on our 'day off'!! Sorry about your daughter getting nits in her hair. My son had lice once and it was painful! We eventually gave up and shaved his head!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I can totally relate. My days off are worse than the days I work becaus eI feel like I should be doing so much! Stopping by from the blog hop and am a new follower! Would love if you could follow back when you get a chance;)

    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete