Sunday 5 June 2011

Germs to the left and right

With the official start of Winter sickness has surrounded me BUT, so far, I have been able to fend it off.
For how long? Who knows!

Ironically, I am scheduled to have my flu vaccine this week. Last week I was inundated at home with one hubby and two kiddies down with the flu ALL WEEK! Then the flu started making it's rounds at work and a case of gastro. Argggh! Get me my garlic necklace.


Am I tough enough to make it through? Hope so. My husband insists that surely, I'm next.
My reasons for not succumbing to illness - haven't got time!
It's that simple and it's worked for me before.
Is it mind over matter? Most likely not. I'm sure it has more to do with health, exposure and resistance.
I think I'm fairly healthy right now but I have had more than my fair share of exposure last week - so - I'm counting on my little germ fighters to get me through. And some positive thoughts.

My daughter struggled with having to be away from school ALL week - and the last week before school holidays. I hope there are other responsible parents and people out there who insist on keeping their infectious germs children at home. At home we are loving the current TV ad - Catch it, Bin it, Kill it. Not because we are ultra-hygiene freaks, (because I grew up fine in the pre-hand sanitiser era) but because it's encouraging people to take some responsibility and think of other's around them. There are certain things it is NOT COOL to share.

So I hope the bugs haven't got to you - yet.
And if they have - I DON'T WANT IT - thanks anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you on this. I reckon mums have super-immune systems simply because they don't have time not to have them. Who ever heard of mum getting sick?

    visiting via the Rewind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that you are such a sensible Mum. I am a 'don't share the love' Mum too. Having said that, I covert your immune system. I was down for the count more times than I care to remember last winter. Thanks for Rewinding x

    ReplyDelete