Friday 24 June 2011

This week I'm grateful for .... creativity.

Today I am joining maxabellaloves for a blog hop.

I must admit I have become a little addicted to blog hops.


I have probably taken the least amount of photos in the last six months than any time I can remember since my first born entered our lives 7 years ago.



I have always been interested in photography and have dabbled with a few courses and software, and the odd competition. It's all for my own fun, nothing serious. It's something I really enjoy.



Mum and I at the 2009 Scrapper's Heaven Retreat. Great fun

Through my interest in photography and my passion for craft I discovered Scrapbooking which I have enjoyed for the last 5 years. I had to force myself to reignite this passion a couple of months ago.

Recently, I started this blog. Another addition to my creative side.

The reason for the blog was two-fold.
Firstly, I came across the Kleenex Mum website which was running a competition "So you think you can blog?" Needless to say, I LOVE entering competitions.
Secondly, I thought writing down positive thoughts and focusing on positive things would be good .... for my therapy, for my healing process, to help work through my ANXIETY DISORDER.


And I think it was a good move. It's a great way for me to focus on the good things in life - when there is so much YUCK going on in the world.

So after 6 months of battling my symptoms and going on medication for the disorder for the 2nd time, I am on the mend. I have found my creativity again. Which I am so grateful for. It was lost to the disorder for a while and that felt terrible. To have no interest, no passion, no energy to do the things that gave me the most joy.

Being creative gives me a great feeling of self-worth. Being able to plunge all of my focus and energy into something and finish with a product I can stand back and say "I did that, and I like it".

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for linking! I'm so impressed that you are a scrapbooker. My sis and I always intended to get into it but I never made a single page. I guess my blog is my new scrapbook these days!

    I will read more about your anxiety disorder as we go along. I am interested in this as my son exhibits signs of being prone to anxiety and I am on the alert.

    So glad to meet you. x

    ReplyDelete