Monday 19 September 2011

Happiness is ... having the time to sit and observe


Photobucket


TIME

Something that I just can't get enough of lately.

We have just finished another school holiday, in which I took some annual leave in the 2nd week. We decided it was time to get away, do some family bonding, without the normal disruptions of life.

So, we went camping.

The weather was not ideal, but we tried to make the most of the situation.

One thing I discovered (and this was not new to me, but had been overlooked lately) is that without the distractions of TV, housework, work, computers, school, and other commitments, we had the TIME to notice things.

I had the TIME to sit and observe the kids playing and interacting. I found myself smiling more as I listened to their cute little conversations and antics.

Hubby and I both had TIME to relax. This is a win/win situation for everyone, because a relaxed parent yells less.

The kids had TIME to explore and also grab some of our time, which seems to get harder and harder.


I'm really looking forward to getting more TIME with my family.

Join me by linking up for Happiness is... at Rub some Dirt On It.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing I love more than getting away and going camping with the kids. It is so good for reestablishing bonds with each other and enjoying time to be just ourselves.

    Hope you have a wonderful break!

    ReplyDelete