Sunday 18 September 2011

Have you ever felt the urge?

We went on a little trip this week. Our family went camping for three days. But this isn't about the trip. It's about the strange, strong urge I felt on the drive there.
We were driving through some farming country, when I felt the urge ... and it was really strong.
I have no idea where the urge came from, I have not felt it before.

I, suddenly, as we drove along, felt the urge ... to .. hug a cow!

Has that ever happened to you?

pic source
It was the strangest sensation. We passed many paddocks with cows in them, some all black, some brown, and some two-tone black and white. We also passed many sheep, but I felt nothing for them (I hope that doesn't offend anyone). I could almost envisage myself jumping the roadside fence, walking up to a cow, and wrapping my arms around it's big, soft neck and having a good nuzzle.

I'm sure that sounds as strange as it felt at the time. I didn't get hubby to stop, although the thought fleetingly crossed my mind. I then had a giggle to myself as I imagined the weird look he would have given me. So I didn't give in to the urge. I do wonder though, where did the urge come from? Was I craving something warm and soft to cuddle?

Maybe I'll have to go for another drive soon?

1 comment:

  1. new gfc follower through super stalker sunday and would love a return gfc follow on my blog :)

    www.mamasbabycupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete