Tuesday 15 November 2011

The calm after the storm

Thank God for nature documentaries!
Master 4 just couldn't last the afternoon without a sleep, and then woke in a foul mood. Nothing would please him. In desperation, hubby was channel surfing (actually he does this a lot). There was much moaning and need for attention from Master 4.

Then hubby came across the delightful sound of the voice of Sir David Attenborough. Now, my father is a big fan of nature documentaries, but they are something I tend to watch if nothing else is on. I don't believe we have any in our video/DVD collection. Similarly, I have never had a fondness for Sir Attenborough's voice, before now. Obviously it was the crisp silence and sense of peace it brought to our household.

The documentary was on whales, I believe. Unfortunately, it ended about 10 minutes after it's discovery.

And the moaning continued, as if there had been no interruption. Obviously, my next purchase in the DVD aisle will be nature orientated.

Ahh .. the serenity.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh the voice of Sir Attenborough! There's nothing like that for a good escapism session! ;-)

    ReplyDelete