Tuesday 20 December 2011

Don't dare blink

One minute you are gazing down at your first-born, only days old. Next minute (or so it feels), your first-born is moving up the grades at school at a frightening pace.

When I was young, some days seemed to go on forever. I remember often saying to my parents "I'm bored, what can I do?" Now when I hear my daughter saying the same thing, I shake my head and try to remember what it felt like to be bored. Life seems so jam-packed these days. Never enough hours in the day to complete that list.

I only hope that I'm not so busy, and so immersed in life that I miss the little things. The special moments, as my children continue to grow at the speed of light. I don't want it feel like only another 5 minutes has passed, and my first-born is moving out, and living her life. I want the time to observe and absorb.

Am I the only one that feels that life is going so much faster as I get older? Please tell me you are nodding along with me. What is your secret to taking it all in or slowing it down?


Blogging along with Diary of a SAHM

1 comment:

  1. I found that once we entered the school world life sped up - before that we moved to our own rhythm and now it is in 10 week terms. Every time one starts it seems to finish 2 minutes later. Mine are now heading into years 2 and 3 and i swear they were just in nappies a month ago ; )

    ReplyDelete