Sunday 8 January 2012

Grateful for ... beginnings

 Beginning a new year gives me energy. How does it do that?

I finished 2011 feeling really tired and drained. Somehow I knew. I knew that energy was just around the corner. I just had to get over the end of the year and wipe the slate clean.

Admittedly, I have used the holiday period to catch up on some sleep, but I am feeling so much more energised. And it's a great feeling.

 With renewed energy, I have renewed enthusiasm and drive. I have been busy cleaning, organising  and ridding our house of unneeded items. Part of this is incorporating the things received for Christmas and giving them homes. It's been a great time to evict those things that no longer have a use in our home and are just creating clutter.

Maybe it's the fact that in Australia we start our New Year in Summer, but I always want to freshen things up at this time of year. I want to create space, lighten the mood, and have clear, clean surfaces.

Perhaps this is becoming my new favourite time of the year?

I am linking up with Maxabella Loves and love that our beloved Grateful Link has been recognised by Kidspot and will be a regular feature.


I am linking up today for a 3 day Twitter Hop with Life With Twins.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, me too! I love a fresh new start to the year - like that first, clean blank page of a journal. I can't say it's my fave time of year as I'd prefer the cooler weather times but I really do love the start for renewing and revitalising and implementing change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I couldn't agree more. I am busy doing the same thing here! I figure, I have until about the end of January before it doesn't feel "new" any more and the impetus isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the endless possibilities of a fresh, clean slate are what gives us a new surge of energy at this time of year. 'What ifs' are always energising! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to that new year energy! I'm hoping it sticks around for a while.

    ReplyDelete