Tuesday 13 March 2012

Cushy Butt Appreciation Week

This week, the extra flesh on my behind has reaped loads of appreciation. Who knew!

My first incident was at a game of Netball. I'm a defender so I was doing my defensive thing as the ball came toward the shooter. In my dynamic footwork I managed to trip backwards, and braced myself for the inevitable thud as my behind hit the ground.

I expected to hit hard and a possible jar to my back.
I squeezed my eyes shut, expecting the worst, and my eyes popped open in surprise when I bounced nicely, and felt no jar at all. I didn't hard as hard as I had expected. Obviously, the extra flesh I am currently carrying on my behind was beneficial in this instance. I gave my behind the credit it was due.

My daughter also bestowed appreciation on my behind toward the end of the week. I was bending forward, when I felt her arms wrap around my middle. She layed against me and said with great love, "Mum, I love cuddling you bottom because it's soooo cushy." I thanked her for the compliment and squeezed her back.

Sometimes you just have to work with what you've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment