Thursday 20 December 2012

The Silly Season - The Things I Know




Things sure are moving with momentum now. Things are a little crazy - you can see it, feel it and hear it everywhere. Do you know what I mean? This crazy feeling is the reason for me taking a step back from blogging the last few weeks. I now know my limitations in pushing myself to do more and more, and listen to my needs.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I should explain myself.



People and their behaviours tend to get a little crazy round this time of year. Is it the stress that the season puts on money situations? Is it triggered by people getting together?  Is it trying to get organised and rushing around, for that one day a year? Is it people missing another? Is it too much partying?
Who knows, because I don't.


I'm sure it is because of the Silly Season that we have had two double murders here in Tassie, this week alone.

I am also sure that it was not a coincidence that my Anxiety reared it's ugly head(again), approaching this time of year, 2 years ago.

I urge you to take care of yourself, as well as each other, through the holiday season.
  • Don't add pressure to further complicate situations. 
  • Give yourself a break, and lighten your load where you can. 
  • Take a moment if you need it to step back, catch your breathe, and get your bearings.
  • Say "No" when you need to, instead of feeling obligated to say "Yes" all of the time.
  • Communicate to someone if you are feeling the need for some time out.
  • Keep an eye on those around you for others not coping
Most importantly, listen to your body and it's needs.

And enjoy yourself ..... your deserve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment